About Elizabethtown
sub23.jpg

Elizabethtown is located in Bladen County, North Carolina and is the county seat.  The town has a total area of 4.6 square miles representing land and water. The population in Elizabethtown is 3,714.  Elizabethtown is situated approximately 33.1 miles from Fayetteville, 79.1 miles from Raleigh and 49.82 miles from Wilmington, NC.  The winters in Elizabethtown are moderate with very warm summer months.

Elizabethtown provides a warm family feeling with its small town charm and is centrally located between Fayetteville and Wilmington. We are a  progressive town and have recently completed a Downtown Revitalization project.  The mayor and council consistently strive to bring additional business opportunities into the community. The industrial park has attracted a number of new businesses, thereby creating approximately 288 jobs. Additional shops and businesses have provided growth to our downtown area as well.

The Cape Fear River is located in Elizabethtown which provides boating as well as fishing opportunities. The town has numerous parks and walking trails for individuals of all ages.

Come be a part of Elizabethtown! 

 

 

"A Great Place to Visit. A Better Place to Live".

 

 

 

 

 

 

. 

History of Community-Click this link for more information

The Town of Elizabethtown was founded in 1773. The people of Bladen County petitioned the General Assembly for creation of the town. The site of Elizabeth Town was originally a hundred acre tract belonging to Isaac Jones. "It was a healthy pleasant situation, well watered and commodious for commerce" (Elizabethtown Bicentennial 1773-1973). Most of the records from the early establishment of the town were burned in courthouse fires, however "there is an old map in exsistence which shows a building in the street, much like the old Market House in Fayetteville". The Battle of Elizabethtown took place on August 29, 1781. Please click the link above for more information concerning the Battle of Elizabethtown.

 
 
The Town of Elizabethtown, NC - 1773