Frequently Asked Questions
What are the government office hours?
Elizabethtown Town Hall is open Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the exception of state holidays.
Where do I pay my traffic speeding ticket?
Traffic tickets may be paid at the Bladen County Clerk of Court Office.
My trash/recycle cart is broken, how do I get another trash cart?
Please contact the Finance Department at (910) 862-3979 and request another trash cart or recycle cart.
Are there storm shelters for the people to go to in extremely bad weather?
In the event of severe or extremely bad weather (i.e. tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.) the Bladen County Emergency Services Dept. will annouce where and when the shelters will be set up.
Does the airport have hangars available for rent?
Yes.  Please contact Oscar Taylor, Fixed Based Operator, at the airport.
Low-Income Housing?
Contact the Joint Municipal Housing Authority in Bladenboro at (910) 863-4919.
How do I dispose of my white goods (refrigerators, stoves, etc.)?
White goods are picked up on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month by appointment.  Contact the Town of Elizabethtown Public Services Department at (910) 862-2035 to schedule a pick-up.  The Town does NOT pick up construction debris (i.e. scrap lumber, doors, windows, concrete, bricks, tile, carpet, etc.).  If you have construction debris, you will need to haul it to the landfill station yourself, where there will be a tipping (gate) fee.
How do I learn of Town job openings?
They are advertised in local newspapers, the town website, and through the Employment Security Commission.
How much are my city taxes?
For all TOWN tax information, please contact the Tax Collector at (910) 862-3979, M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Is the Airport runway lighted, and what is its length?

The runway is a 5,000 foot lighted runway with a parallel taxiway.

Is there transportation provided at the airport once you land?
Yes.  The airport has a courtesy car for that purpose.
What is the current town tax rate?
The tax rate is currently $.615 per $100 valuation, and the BID tax rate is $0.10 per $100 valuation. This is subject to change each fiscal year at the July budget adoption.
What is the Elizabethtown ETJ and where is it located?
The ETJ (extra territorial jurisdiction) of Elizabethtown borders the city limits at all points, and can stretch for a distance of up to one mile from the current Town limit. Maps are available in the Planning Department located inside Town Hall, at 805 W. Broad St. Elizabethtown, NC.
What is the leaf and limb pick-up schedule?
Leaf and limb pick-up is done by contract through Waste Industries, as of July 1, 2014.  Weather permitting, Waste Industries begins collection every Monday and continues until the whole town has been completed.  Inclement weather and landfill station closings may delay the leaf and limb pick-ups from being completed on schedule.
What schools are in the area?
Please contact the Bladen County Board of Education for information at (910) 862-4136.
When are Planning Board Meetings held?
Meetings are held the first Monday of each month @ 6:00 p.m.  If it is a holiday, the meeting is usually held on the second Monday of the month.
When are the Town Council meetings held?
Meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. If it is a holiday, the meeting is usually held on the second Monday of the month.  Special meetings are held as needed and are advertised in the local newspaper.
Where are the local parks?
There are four parks: Wallace S. Leinwand is located at the corner of Swanzy Street and Lyon Street; Tory Hole Park is located at 275 N. Poplar Street; Martin Luther King Jr. Park is located at 405 Martin Luther King Drive; and Rupert Johnson Park is located on Fox Street.
Where do I complain about a property with high weeds, trash or junked vehicles in their yard?
Complaints can be made at the Planning Department, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  The planning department is located inside Town Hall, at 805 W. Broad St., Elizabethtown, NC 28337, and can be contacted at (910) 862-2066.
Where do I purchase my business license?
Business licenses can be purchased at the Finance Department inside Town Hall at 805 W. Broad St., Elizabethtown, NC, 28337.
Who do I call if I see or have a water leak or a sewer back-up emergency?
Please contact Public Services at (910) 862-2035, Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and on Friday, 7:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m.  If your issue is after hours please call Central at (910) 862-8142 or 911.
Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?
Please contact the Elizabethtown Recreation Department at 910-862-2066.
What are the office hours of Public Services?
Public Services office hours are 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, & 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. on Friday.
The Town of Elizabethtown, NC - 1773